Based on the developed projects for the creation of a new or the improvement of the existing human resources management system, the management chooses the most appropriate option for implementation.
The reference points for this choice are:
- The strategic goals of the enterprise or organization, as well as its policies, plans, and programs; Reference: “Methods for designing the human resources management system“, https://www.businesspad.org/methods-for-designing-the-human-resources-management-system/
- The comparative analysis of the calculations for the economic efficiency of the offered options;
- Evidence of the economic efficiency of the options offered in foreign and our companies; Reference: “Development of human resources management projects“, https://www.policymatters.net/development-of-human-resources-management-projects/
- The expected social effects from the introduction of the respective human resources management system;
- The expected behavior of employees in the labor process and the extent to which it contributes to achieving the strategic goals of the enterprise or organization.
Appropriate variant of the human resources management system
Once the most appropriate variant of the human resources management system or its separate components has been selected, the conditions necessary for its implementation are created. Reference: “Analysis of human resources management (HRM) system“, https://www.mu7club.com/analysis-of-human-resources-management-hrm-system/
They include everything that needs to be done in the enterprise or organization for them to be implemented effectively. This is the responsibility of those who develop the projects and is crucial for realizing their benefits.
The conditions that must be created to implement and function effectively developed projects usually require changes in the information system of the enterprise or organization, in its labor standards, in the organization of labor and production, and the internal regulations. regulation, in the procedures for the management of people in the labor process, in the collective labor agreement (if any), etc.
In the group of questions on the creation of conditions for the implementation of the developed projects, the preparation of the workers, employees, and managers for their implementation and work in their implementation is of essential importance. Reference: “Objectives of Human Resources Management (HRM)“, https://www.powerhp.net/objectives-of-human-resources-management-hrm/
The variety of conditions that need to be created to introduce the adopted option for a new or improved system of human resources management, as well as their importance for their effective functioning, necessitate the development of a program for their implementation.
This program should answer, among other things, the following key questions:
What exactly needs to be done to implement and function the developed project effectively;
Who specifically should do it;
How soon it must be done;
How much money is needed to create the appropriate prerequisite;
Who is responsible for carrying out the relevant tasks or groups of tasks;
Who coordinates the implementation of the program to create the prerequisites necessary for the implementation of the adopted project;
After creating the necessary conditions and prerequisites for the implementation of the adopted project to improve human resource management, or in parallel with the creation of such conditions and prerequisites, appropriate changes must be made in the internal regulations of the enterprise or organization to bring it following the changes made.
Most often changes are required in:
- The functional strategies and policies of the enterprise or organization;
- Regulations for the internal labor order;
- Internal salary rules;
- The system for evaluation and classification of positions in the enterprise;
- Certification in the field of Human Resources including business value, Reference: BVOP.org, https://bvop.org/humanresources/
- The system for complex assessment of the burden of labor and the conditions of the production environment;
- Production staff and work schedule;
- The Employment, Qualification and Retraining Program for
- Employees (Human Resources Development Program);
- The program for improving working conditions and safety;
- The system for training of employees and transition to a higher qualification degree, etc. Reference: “Development of the Human Resources Management (HRM) concept“, https://customer-service-us.com/development-of-the-human-resources-management-hrm-concept/
To the extent that changes in the human resources management system affect individual clauses of the collective agreement (if any), the management of the enterprise or organization must open a negotiation procedure with the relevant trade union to discuss the necessary changes.
In the negotiations of the employer with the respective trade union organization regarding the developed project, an agreement may be reached, but such an agreement may not be reached.
When the respective trade union organization accepts the proposed changes and the resulting changes in the clauses of the collective labor agreement, their regulation in the internal regulations of the company does not cause problems, it is the responsibility of the employer.
When the respective trade union organization does not accept the proposed changes in practice, two options are possible:
To create a collective labor dispute;
The employer to accept the opinion and the corrections of the respective trade union organization. Reference: “Design of a human resources management system”, https://www.islandjournal.net/design-of-a-human-resources-management-system/
When a collective labor dispute arises, it is settled according to the procedures and requirements of the Collective Labor Disputes Settlement Act.
When the employer accepts the proposals of the trade unions, which differ from those in the project, or when compromise wording is agreed upon, they are set as clauses in the collective agreement and are reflected in the internal regulations of the enterprise. This is also a problem for the employer.
Once the program for creating the necessary conditions and prerequisites for the implementation of the project is implemented, its pilot application must be organized. The main purpose of this procedure is to answer the following main questions:
- To what extent are the conditions and preconditions provided for in the program for the effective functioning of the project for improvement of the human resources management system created?
- To what extent the measures implemented under the program are adequate to the requirements of the respective project
- To what extent the behavior of employees in the labor process meets the expectations of the employer
- To what extent do the achieved economic results correspond to the expected results
- What additional changes need to be made in the organization and management of labor and production to ensure the effective functioning of the implemented human resources management system
- What specific changes need to be made in the experimental human resources management system to make it adequate to the real conditions when they cannot be changed effectively
- The accepted and verified design of the human resources management system can be realized when the identity between the model of the system and the optimal conditions for its effective and/or efficient functioning is achieved.
Both in the verification and the final introduction of the adopted changes in the human resources management system, when their gradual implementation is necessary, the interconnection and interdependence between the individual systems must be taken into account.
Once implemented, the relevant human resources management system is monitored. It is necessary to:
- Determine the actual economic and social efficiency of the implementation of the developed project;
- Reveal inconsistencies in the human resources management system or its components that hinder the achievement of the goals of the enterprise or organization;
- Create additional conditions that could increase the efficiency and/or efficiency of the human resources management system;
- Prepare and make appropriate improvements to the human resources management system or its components, etc.